These subsidies are within the framework of the investment charter initiated by the Government. This charter establishes, in certain cases, subsidies for investors based on job creation criteria, and/or the amount of the overall investment.
Below are the provisions for subsidies:
Main dispositions: subsidies up to 30% of the investment amount
Five Communal subsidies
The territorial incentive are in place to encourage the less favored provinces.: 10% for the A category, 15% for the B category
Sectoral subsidies cover priority sectors, which are of interest for Morocco and for its exports: 5%
The sectors are as follows:
- Tourism and leisure
- Cultural Industries
- Renewable Energies
- waste processing and recycling
Provisions for strategic projects
Specific support measures, in particular for Projects with a Sovereign Character or with the ability to attract ecosystems
Strategic Projects benefit from advantages negotiated on a case-by-case basis
Projects in the sector of the defense industry
Projects with a total investment amount ≥ 2 billion dirhams and which meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Contribute effectively to ensuring water, energy, food or health security in Morocco
- Have a significant impact on the number of direct or indirect jobs to be created
- Have a considerable impact on the economic influence and strategic positioning of Morocco at the regional, continental or international level
- Have ripple effects on the development of sectoral ecosystems or sectoral activities
- Contribute significantly to the development and adoption of cutting-edge technologies.
Companies wishing you benefit from those subsidies may apply by filling out a questionnaire, that's studied by experts and committees in order to decide on the eligibility of the grants.
At ARKAD Plus, we have the team who can support you and advise you with your application, and make sure it matches the above criteria so you can benefit from the above subsidies.
Kindly contact us at contact @ arkadplus.com and tell us how we can be your partner of trust, for doing business in Morocco, the gateway to Africa.